Saturday, April 11, 2009

So let it be written...


I just finished watching the Ten Commandments for the umpteenth time. This scene where Charlton Heston parts the Red Sea still gives me goosebumps. For as long as I can remember I've watched this movie on Easter. To me it's a much of a tradition as It's A Wonderful Life is to Christmas. For some reason it takes me back to my younger days when things were more simple and faith was more childlike. Life can be big if you try to take it on by yourself. It may seem silly that a fifty year old movie can make me stop and reflect on my life once a year, but God truly does work in mysterious ways. I'm grateful that I have friends and family around me. As long as we have love...we are never poor
He is Risen
Happy Easter
Rick

2 comments:

Susie said...

Amen Rick! I thought I was the only one who loves "It's A Wonderful Life". Whenever I'm feeling down, I watch it again. We are rich if we have love, family, and friends. Glad to be part of your family:)Love you!

anna said...

Its still one of my favorite movies.
Moses! MOSES!