Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eunice Kennedy Shriver

I saw where they have just scheduled the wake for Eunice Kennedy Shriver in Cape Cod. It made me sad as I remembered the time we shared together. Several years ago, before I became the world renowned author that you all know and love, I made a living selling shoes. I was standing in front of the store, minding my own business when Eunice happen to come along and seemed to be smittened with me. I learned later that it was the pair of low cut lavender pumps with three and a half inch spiked heels that she wanted. Naturally, she tried on several pairs pretending to be finicky, when in reality she was trying to prolong the experience, as I massaged her bunions while slipping the shoes on her feet. Alas... our story ended in the way that most May-December romances do. She gave me $29.95 plus tax and left with the shoes instead of me. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Vaya con Dios, Eunice


Buy More Books
Rick

No comments: