Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Zen of Archie Bunker

When I try to pass on my wisdom taught to me by the school of hard knocks to the younger members of my clan; they tend to look at me like I'm Archie Bunker. After watching these videos, I realize that maybe they are right.




We need more political satire today without calling everybody racists, haters and intolerant. Sugar coat everything as much as you want, people and ethnic groups are different and always will be, Embrace our differences and have a sense of  humor.

I doubt that All in the Family could even get on the air today. It was produced in a time when there was a lot of real turmoil, unrest and injustice in the country.  Norman Lear dealt with the issue with comedy through Archie Bunker. It got people talking and we laughed.  People would be screaming for CBS to take the show off the air and the network president's resignation if it aired today. Everyone takes themselves so serious today, comedians won't play colleges anymore. Lighten up young ones and PCers. Life is too short consider yourself a victim. Laugh at your faults and foibles. We are who we are. If you cant laugh at yourself...laugh at others. That's what we Bruce/Catlyn Jenner for.

Buy more Books
Rick Kelsheimer (An opinionated God-fearing redneck cracker square head kraut dirt track racing fan from Flat Rock.)

PS: And yet it still seems acceptable to make fun of Christians and Conservatives. Me thinks some out there speak with a forked tongue.






No comments: