Monday, August 11, 2008

Make a memory today...


One of my favorite places on earth is Starved Rock above the Illinois River. Recently I was driving near the park and realized I hadn't climbed the rock in twenty years and decided to take advantage of the opportunity. It seemed taller and took a little longer to reach the top than I remembered, but as you can from the picture, it was worth the effort.
The island you see was the sight of a battle which takes place in my new book Wa-ba-shik-ki.
I'm glad I took time out to climb the the top of the "mountain". As I grow older I become aware of the lost opportunities to make new memories and have vowed to live my life to the fullest. Life is a gift. We should all celebrate every breath we take.
Buy more books...
Rick

1 comment:

Susie said...

What a beautiful place! I've never been there. I guess I need to go! I doubt I could have climbed it like you did, though! You are so right Rick...we need to live life to it's fullest.
Love you always!
Aunt Susie